Friday, November 30, 2007

Sky blue

One of my male friends wanted me to write about women's eyebrows. I'm a little confused but here goes, "Women, what's up with your eyebrows?" I asked him to explain what it was about their eyebrows that was so disturbing. He seemed unusually upset. I'm still confused after hearing his concerns. "Have you noticed how far apart they seem? And the color is weird. It doesn't go with their hair. And what's with the shapes?" I wasn't getting the point. I'm a really really good nose job detector, I can spot one at 50 feet, but I admit my eyebrow radar is weak. The only response I could conjur up was, "are they like the color "Burnt Umber"? I think I just wanted to use "Burnt Umber" in a sentence. I loved my giant crayon box. I also loved "Sky Blue", but I'm certain no woman over the age of 22 would dare. Bob Costas, during one of the Olympics he was moderating had hair that was Burnt Umber. Bob, no ones hair should ever be that color. As for eyebrows, my friend liked my crayon comparison and agreed it was accurate. Unfortunately, he wouldn't reveal the names of the women with this disturbing phenomanon so my sleuthing would have to start from scratch..

I decided I needed a second opinion before I ventured out to pursue the eyebrow issue , afterall it's winter ,and perhaps this could wait until spring. I queried another male friend. He knew exactly what I was talking about and blurted out, "It's the botox". He's color blind so the crayon questionning wasn't relevent. "Everyone's forehead is filled with Botox and nothing moves". Can I assume this explains why eyebrows look so far apart? And they must look tens of miles apart if men are noticing. Are you listening to this Botox gals? How have I missed these immobilized foreheads? I'm an expert at detecting face lifts, clueless about breast implants, as I mentioned earlier, a veritable Jedi Master at determining a nose job, and yet have a very low forehead IQ.

I must say this subject made me a little self conscious. I looked in the mirror and admit my eyebrows are slightly asymetrical. This is due to my impatience with the tweezer to say nothing of how dull it is. As for color, they are the original dark brown and therefore do not match my newly minted blondish hair. It's not in the crayon box, but if it was I'd name it "Fool's Gold". I'm guessing my eyebrows are a little over 1 inch apart and the gap will never widen due to my deathly fear of needles.

So thanks alot for the blog suggestion and if you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask someone else. As for me , I'm on the look-out for Burnt Umber.

No comments: