Friday, November 16, 2007

Let me eat cake

Religion is a tricky subject. Truthfully, I'm not a very religious person. Granted, I'll listen to thoughts about heaven, hell,and a higher being; although I am convinced God is not in the end zone , at the free throw line, or pushing someone's frozen ass up Mt. Everest. This is skill or luck, not religion. As for 25 virgins in heaven, I've yet to figure out why, why,why, any man would want 1, no less 25. If there is a reward in heaven I would want a lot of chocolate cake. I was relunctantly knee deep in a conversation about Evolution vs. Intelligent Design when I had an epiphany.

It suddenly struck me; an "ah ha" moment. Giorgio Armani is intelligent design. Who can resist his tailored elegance and sense of classicism? Too expensive for me unless it's on sale, but nonetheless very intelligent. Ralph Lauren, is too predictable to be intelligent. He is consistent, and there's nothing stupid about a forest green cashmere crew neck , but it can also get a little boring. I will say however, that this fall's couture line looks fabulous. Again unaffordable, but stunning and I encourage him keep it up . Dolce and Gabbana have a long way to go by my definition . Ugh, Dolce and ick Gabbana. I don't get it. I know I'm supposed to, but I pull it off the rack and immediately shove it back. Sorry boys, not smart. Calvin Klein is always too big for me, although last season he had an amazing grey wool strapless party dress that brought tears to my eyes . Very close to a religious experience. Marc Jacobs, are you intelligent? Chic... getting close... love most of the shoes, purses are adorable, again, can't afford the clothes but I try them on. Just say "no" to Prada. I confess however, that I did have a fake Prada purse, even though I hate, hate, hate visible labels. I could afford the $35.00 price tag. I'm cheap not intelligent. Jil Sander was intelligent. There is no guarantee it's forever babe, sorry. Spending $4,500 for a black jacket is plain stupid. My Donna Karan black cashmere coat shows extreme intelligence, so Donna, you make the cut. I can't forget Chanel, if I was going to believe in something it would be classic Chanel; very close to heaven especially when worn by Audrey Hepburn.

As for religion I'm still a skeptic; but upon reconsideration, I whole heartedly believe in intelligent design.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clever title. still confused. skeptic about religion or a higher power (or Highest Power). Must be religion since you heartily believe in intelligent design?
n