Thursday, November 22, 2007

Duck!

I'm worried about the Supreme Court; ok, I'm freaked out about the Supreme Court, for oh so many reasons, not the least of which are the Justices. I mean look what happened in the 2000 election. Hey kids great job; it's been a joy. Things are really going well for the country. Sandra , do you feel a little guilty? Although you do have problems of your own at the moment. Giving up that cushy job to spend more time with your husband and now he's got a new woman sucks. Don't start yelling, I'm not ignorant about the perils and trials of Altzheimer's disease. Sorry Sandra, you tried, at least in that case your heart was in the right place. As for Justice Rehnquist, death was the coward's way out. Is there guilt in the afterlife? Well at least he got away, the rest of us are hanging around waiting for the next election to clean up the mess . Hey Floridians follow directions, ok?!

In the meantime I see the 2nd amendment is on the docket. Nice. I can't wait to bear arms . Or is it bare arms? Mine have gotten a little flabby with age but I can still wear strapless. As for guns in our bare hands; holy crap! I'm shaking thinking about it. There won't be a safe shopping mall parking lot anywhere . Can you imagine a hand gun on the passenger seat or in a cup holder; "you take that parking space from me and it's all over buddy". The economy will come to a stand still as people become terrified to shop. Dead bodies slumped over the steering wheels of Mercedes, Jaguars, BMWs and Porsches . Perhaps there is a reason to own a Humvee . I assume they're bulletproof, because lord knows they're not fuel efficient. I fear for my life driving into the mall now; everyone frantically pulling in and out of aisles trying to get one step closer to the store. "Hey, big deal if I got to the spot before you. Don't look at me that way, it's not my fault you forgot to take your meds this morning. Walk an extra few steps, this is America we're overweight". As for senior citizens, my best advice will be to stay home or learn to drive faster! Creeping down the aisles looking for a spot trying to see over the SUV in front of you will be certain death. And may I also suggest, just TURN THE CORNER, do not wait for a car to be at least 200 yards away to make your move. Go Nana go!!

Whoever survives the parking lot, still has to make it out of the store alive. My local "Whole Foods" and "Jewel" could become like "Resevoir Dogs" or the New Jersey toll booth scene in Godfather l. Who's first at the deli section or stepped out of the check-out line and slipped back in won't beg a dirty look or disgusted sigh, it could mean a trip to the emergency room. And nasty scar! I can't help but wonder if the new spring Prada line will have a small tasteful black gun with a little logo on the handle. That would be a nice touch. Judith Leiber ,I see a tiny diamond and ruby crusty weapon in your bags. For those of us who can't afford such folly, perhaps Target or Wal Mart will carry the "copy downs". How important will matching be?

The Court has decided to hear the case for the right to bear arms. There are a few new members and the usual suspects, so listen up... bearing an arm does not mean you can control a gun.

No comments: