Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Show me the money...honey

How many men are dating women half their age? Isn't delusion great? I have a friend who is 61 and has recently started dating a 30 year old. Well if you don't believe me you could ask him because that's all he talks about. No matter what question you pose his answer is, "oh Kristi is half my age." "Yea, great, but who do you think will win the democratic nomination?" He is obsessed with the age difference. I guess I'm obsessed with WHY a woman half his age would date him. I don't get it. I was 30 once, a 60 year old man was my father not my boyfriend. Men, do you think these women like you for your business acumen, politics, wisdom, athleticism, or virility? You know the answer....face it , it's the cash.

I, for one, wouldn't want to date someone half my age. For starters I don't have enough cash . And as stated in my profile I'm kinda cheap, so bribes are not in my nature. And bribe is the correct word. But there is a bigger factor in my reluctance to have a generation x or y guy....PARANOIA. I have a decent enough ego, I think I'm smart, cultured, dress hip/chic, athletic, successful, thin, but I'm not stupid. If I'm out with my boy toy and a great looking woman half my age walks in the room, he's looking at her not me, and I don't blame him. For God's sake I'm looking at her too. What do you do next, put a pile of money on the table to divert his attention? This is not my idea of romance. I don't want to spend my time worrying about how long I'll be able to keep his eyes on me. I'm a realist, worrying creates wrinkles and heart trouble.

Do men not understand this applies to them also? Are they living in some alternate universe? Why isn't my friend worried about Ms." half my age"? How long until her eyes are diverted by the great looking 35 yr. old guy across the room who can also stay up past 10:30? Hey older guy with money, do you really have enough so she only has eyes for you? You may not think about the wrinkles worrying can cause but can you afford the chronic heart ache?

No comments: