Thursday, April 3, 2008

A few good men

I'm looking for a "few good men". No, I haven't taken a job with the Armed Services, or The Emperor's Club, which I think has enough men don't you? Besides, I'm not really looking for anyone under criminal investigation. I wonder how things are on the home front for Elliot. His wife might be searching for a few good/new men also. Sorry babe, I know you thought you had one and a Governor, even better. Although next time I suggest you stay away from politicians, a sexually tricky group: straight, gay, bi, you never know until it's in the headlines or you're suddenly next to the creep on the "you're about to lose your job" podium. Forget these guys. Personally, I'm in search of pre 1970s males.

The Women's Liberation Movement succeeded in an ironic way... it turned women into men and men into women . Presto chango! And why, why did we do this? So we could bust our ass in the work force, earn a living, raise children and do errands? Fun. And all so men could learn to be sensitive? Great. Come on, do we really want to know what they're feeling? Repression can be good. First of all, it's time saving. No sitting down for that long talk when you're on the way out the door. Who wants to look over at a sulking husband/significant other and know they want you to ask, "what's wrong"? Hey girls, we sent them off to therapists to get in touch with their feelings and oh no, now they think they're miserable and want to leave to explore other options. Like I said, repression can be good.

I'm not looking for sensitive. I'm sensitive, you're sensitive, we're all freaking sensitive. No tears, it's not personal, just take the garbage to the curb before Tuesday, ok? And if there's a man out there who isn't too busy on Saturday shopping, getting a manicure/pedicure, or sitting at Starbucks sipping a Latte, could you PLEASE COME OVER AND WATCH THE FINAL FOUR WITH ME?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever consider that maybe we're (men) are just looking for a few soft, feminine, relaxed, adoring, sexy, smart and funny women who might just, maybe, be able to meatloaf and mashed potatoes?