Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Men are people too.

My "girlfriends" may have spoken but my men friends have responded! Btw girls, they're very upset. I have given them a bad, bad rap which they don't think is fair. They said they're not obsolete, dinosaurs, or deserve a life of doing errands alone. Ron insisted he's sensitive and I hurt his feelings. He suggested I check out some web-site about heathen cartoon girls from Canada who run rough-shod over younger men. Nasty! Which I'm assuming proves women can be thoughtless and demanding too. I'm wondering if the cartoon girls are having sex with their cartoon boys... KIDDING! More seriously, Ron stated he "bought into the women's movement" and now feels a bit shafted. He wants street cred for accepting liberated women. Really? Ok. And thank you?

I learned from Steve that men actually do talk amongst themselves! That makes me happy. Oh and they discuss sex. Hurray! This however, poses a problem for the married men in the group, as their single friends are having sex and they're not. Hmmm. He continued, "is it menopause or marriage that make women not care about having sex"? Let me think. In other words, do women slyly use sex to procure a marriage proposal only to ixnay it 30 years after "I do"? Listen up men....it's menopause. Hey, I would like my 40's back; now that was a hot, hot, hot ten years. If I was married to or dating you at the time, I bet you're not issuing complaints. Thank you Mother Nature for all that kick ass estrogen. Then presto chango, like a magic trick gone wrong , the "to do" list reads: go to Home Depot for spackle, get the tires rotated, sex. Was I ever surprised! Wow, here I am at Duxler Tire again...

Men hang in there. Women still love you. But we "boomer" girls are the first generation who don't need you. This is good news for everyone.

No comments: