Friday, January 4, 2008

Hillary's bake sale

Hillary must be bummed. I know I hate to lose. Poor girl thought women liked her. And they should. But they really don't. Why? We should stick together, support a woman who's busted her ass to get where she is. I didn't go to Wellesley undergraduate or Yale Law School and I have it on very good advice that she baked brownies for her fellow law students. I never baked a brownie for my own child no less classmates. I'd support her on the "brownies for everyone" platform. Forget the baked goods I forgot, we're a fat country on a diet. Brownies sound good though, don't they? I can only assume if Oprah was running for President she'd get the "girlfriend" vote. Why is it women feel closer to her? Has she tried to shake your hand lately? Does she call you? Is it her perpetual weight issue that makes us think she feels our pain?

Are we still mad at Hillary for not leaving Bill? Who wouldn't ditch a cheating husband, even if he's President, right? Not one First Lady has left yet and yes, get over it, they all cheat, Bill just got caught. Embarrassing I admit, but hey leaving is her business , not mine, or ours. If she's moved on why can't we? Is she just too damn ambitious? White House menu planning and pleasant chit chat with other first ladies is all a woman should aspire to on the larger political front? I don't think Laura Bush ever wants to be President. Why can't Hillary be more like her? Laura makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and everything is right with the world... I'm feelin' a bit queasy myself.

Hillary, I don't get it. I don't think it's the issues that come between us. I think you're trying to be one of the "girls". Maybe you should have a bake sale, let us taste the brownies.

No comments: