Monday, December 24, 2007

Money walks and talks

It's official, I've decided to give up preaching to my friend Sam's current gal pals! And all those in his future. Trust me there will be more. If you're one of them and think sex will keep him home and off dating sites...I'm sorry....or get over it. His, "We just met for coffee and then had sex" tales never end. All I ask is, "So what's new?" and he nonchantly remarks, "Oh, did I tell you about S--?" And he starts in about another innocent first coffee date with its routine naked ending. Does this happen to everyone? Come on men if you're out there and reading this let me know. Or if you did let me know, fill me in again as obviously I'm stupid. Sam is very charming and cute especially for his age (don't worry darlin' I won't reveal numbers), but what's going on here?

I don't think he's throwing a pile of cash down on a table as incentive. And btw my ex-hubby used to do this along with his Harvard degree, kind of a little pep talk. Let's face it money has a language all it's own and there are no difficult verbs, or confusing nouns. All you have to do is remember the color. I wear alot of black but green does go with everything doesn't it? Rich men know the money trick . Why else would a twenty-something super model type walk down the street holding the arm of a short paunchy sixty five year old and look so damn happy? I'm in my fifties and the sixty five year old guy isn't really giving me that Mona Lisa feeling. I'm thinking, "Oh my God, I can't be old enough to be dating this guy, can I? Isn't he my father's age? Ick, he even looks like my father."
Meanwhile the leggy model is happily listening to the jingling of the keys to her new Mercedes SL500 that are in the pocket of her sheared mink coat. Hey babe if you can have sex with this guy, more power to you. Please don't tell me about it however. And hey older rich guy, enjoy it while you can, but save a little cash for age appropriate wife two, because this vision is temporary; there's the young hot country club tennis pro in her future.

So are Sam's girls thinking he's a cash cow? He does have some good ecoutrement: Porsche, fancy condo, Hermes ties, second home , big blue eyes to match his blue blood blue blazer. I can see the gravatational pull. But, ladies, ladies, ladies, don't line up for the Mercedes or mink. I've looked in the crystal ball and there are no big ticket items in your future. He's a bit of a trickster himself. Merry Christmas.

No comments: