Friday, December 28, 2007

It's a man's world, if you're a man

Why is it men don't need advice about women? I get endless letters about men and dating from Christian Carter, the internet "catch him and keep him" guru. Are we the sadder sex? The more pathetic? The dumbest gender? Is there not one man in America who is wondering why he can't get a date? As far as I can gather from Christian's letters every single man is dating. EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY MAN is busy. Give me a freakin' break. The biggest problem they seem to have is who to choose? This is simply not possible. According to his letters I better listen up! If I didn't get the engagement ring I was expecting at Christmas, it was a flaw in me. If I thought I was on a great date and the guy never called again it was something I said. If I get the, "I want to see other women" talk, it was definitely because I did something to scare off my man. Why, why , why is it always the woman Christian?

We're flawed? And lonely? And desperate for a man? Legions of flawed, lonely, desperate women and not ONE flawed, lonely, desperate man? This is mind boggling. But women don't despair, Christian will give you four things that make a man want you! Yea!! He will tell you how to meet the right man and get him to need you. Yea!! How to change things back to how it was when you first started dating. Yea!! How to inspire affection from your man. Yea!! How to push the right buttons so a man really opens up to you. Yea!! And last but certainly not least, how to "speak his language." Double Yea!! Isn't this great? I'm so close to being really happy.

Men are lucky. They're sitting back waiting for us "advice letter" readers to behave correctly. And this is the best part, when we strictly adhere to the instructions we can finally have a man of our own. Anyone still interested? It doesn't sound that appealing afterall, does it? Besides, I was never good at following directions. My friend Tim once told me all men really think about is "sex and food" so for God's sake how complicated can they be? Christian, my best advice to you.... teach men how to catch and keep women instead.

No comments: