Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Diamonds are always a girl's best friend and pizza

I have some great gift suggestions this holiday season: cushion cut and blue sapphire diamond necklace set in platinum $49,999.99, emerald cut pink sapphire and diamond ring regularly $16,365 now $11,699.99 , round brilliant diamond ring 3.88 ctw $59,999.00 (delivery free), men's designer cologne $41.99 or 40 rolls of ultra soft Charmin for $6.99. What's so cool is you can buy all these stocking stuffers at the same store. How could that be? How is that possible? Diamonds and toilet paper in the same store, maybe the same aisle, tossed into the same shopping cart? It's like a dream come true isn't it?!?!? No more schlepping to Tiffanys , Van Cleef and Arpels, Graff, or Cartier, and then a mad dash to Dominicks. Think of the gas money you can save, to say nothing of wear and tear on your car. Personally I like the idea of not having to re-park, really a big stress reliever. I'm not sure gift wrapping is free however, although delivery is thrown in on any item over $50,000 it appears. I'm wondering if I could be happy with an unwrapped cushion cut blue sapphire and diamond necklace? Isn't the real fun openning the box? It would also be hard to re-gift because I'm a terrible wrapper.

For you serious shoppers I might be leery of the emerald cut pink sapphire and diamond ring that's been reduced from $16,365 to the suspisciously low price of $11,699.99 . I mean who wants to think their ring wasn't full retail? I for one would be sad and disappointed. I also wonder just who would be delivering the $59,999.00 round brilliant diamond ring? Will it be arriving in a Yellow Cab, Fed-ex truck, limousine, or sub-contracted out to a local Domino's Pizza driver? I don't care how expensive the ring, wouldn't it loose something if it came with a pizza you didn't like? At that point I'd just forget Christmas altogether.

I think for the man in my life I like the idea of the men's designer cologne for $41.99 and the 40 roles of Ultra soft Charmin for $6.99 as a gift combo. It could be tricky wrapping and involve skills with a scissors and tape I simply don't possess. This makes me pray they wrap for free. I may spring for the pizza delivery however as I think it is a really nice option to the big Christmas turkey or ham.

Where can you find all these great gift items you're wondering? Costco. Surprised?! The question is, can a woman be happy with diamonds from Costco? What if they're gift wrapped? Or come with a pizza?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A man will never say "yes I had sex last night with another date" and a woman will also lie and say "yes I took the pill last night", my theory is this- when a parson is very horny they come up with great lies to get layd.