Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson vs. Farrah Faucet

No, I am not in Los Angeles trying desperately to win the Michael Jackson funeral seat lottery. And can someone please tell me why, why, why this event has 24 hour non stop news coverage? I want Martha Stewart and her tips for cutting doily roses back on my screen. I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life and really don't feel the urge to start now, especially when the prize isn't $300 million but a seat at a funeral. I didn't hear one peep about him in the last 15 years which didn't involve a creepy child sleep-over and now the world is in mourning.... Huh?

Admitedly he was a musical innovator. My son watched "Thriller" every single solitary day for months on end regardless of my screaming that the beginning scared the crap out of me. I grew up bopping around the living room to the Jackson Five, wishing me and my sister also had an act. As for "moonwalking" , I tried, tripped, and gave up, but was totally envious of anyone who could. Truthfully I always wore two white gloves, and never ever wanted a jacket with epaulets but I'm a conservative dresser.

Poor Farrah Faucet had to die on the same day as Michael. Now that's just bad luck. No one's even mentioned the poor dear and I think her Charlie's Angel hair was bigger than "moonwalking". Every girl in America wanted her blond "do"....and fab body. She deserves a little more posthumous attention in my book. Personally I can't wait for this media circus to be over. Is it funeral burn-out or am I just getting old?

2 comments:

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

You are not getting old, it's just over done, over played on TV and I am tired of it... When I heard that Michael died, I said "oh no, too young" when I heard Ferrah died and said "OMG! She was sick, she tried to beat cancer, I had the Ferrah "do" at one time in my life and several costume parties I went dressed as one of Charlie’s Angels.. I'll miss Ferrah. Michael? Well I can always pull up one of his songs and that's it...

The fact is that WE ALL DIE, it's part of the cycle of life.. What I don't understand is why teachers took the day off to go to his funeral, is it an excuse? Shouldn't they celebrate his life by teaching the kids at school what he was all about? Michael loved kids, so why can't the teachers stay with their kids? TEACHERS LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE? Oh that was Pink Floyd, I think they are still alive, they better be cos if something happens to Pink Floyd I'll grab my old bong pipe and cry myself to sleep... What I can say to teh media is this "BEAT IT!!!"

If Elvis would have died now, it would be the same, youtube, TV, 123channels with Elvis death, population growth will cause more chaos that it did decades ago when TEH KING died. So I guess that when a singer becomes an idol the media goes bananas and promotes it and ratings go up, up and up and away it goes...What's happening with Korea? where is Bin Laden? Is Bush ate his ranch or at Highland Park? Is the Bachelorette going to get married after she decides on the guy? What's happening with our health care system? These, my friends, are real issues; death is not an issue is a way of life... How many soldiers died at war today? Why can't we focus on that kind of death? oh I know, cos these reasons will not get teachers to stop class today, oh no no no, no excuse Miss Jones, you Must teach math today.

When I die I want to go in peace, have a party, no whispering during the funeral, better yet, hire a comedian to do the ceremony... I want people to remember me as the crazy Mexican that was always a party waiting to happen... Cremate me and throw me to the sea or a lake, dance, sing, swim, say the word FUCK many times since it is my favorite word. Open 100 bottles of champagne and drink it up people! Why? Because when I die I won't have to work anymore, I won't have to put up with traffic, no more feeling hungry or get my pay check to go to pay bills. Once I am dead is ALL GOOD.. Not sure if I'll go to heaven or hell because no one has actually seriously proven to me that they exist..

Please don't put me next to Michael $25,000.00 box or next to Farrah, I don't want to share my space with them, and yes it could happen, I am still young enough to become famous someday, if I try I can do it however the media has burned me on being famous, I'll stay as a wannabe Broadway star...

Moomwalking, I can do it, however the black penny loafers with the wite socks, they just don't look good on me, one glove? Hmmmm did he lose the other one? Face lifts? Well I wanted to get one but Michael's facelifts scared me for life... I feel bad for his children, they dad died and now they are being pulled from grandma to real mama.. And it doesn't matter how hidden they are, they will always be Michael kids and believe me, the media will NEVER leave them alone..

Barbara Streisand will you adopt me? I want a filthy rich parent so I don't ever have to work again...

By the way, some 100 or so people died today and that's normal.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jen Jen is all fired up and ready to talk. I agree with her and her response was funny like - your blog.

I agree with both of you, aside from the few thousand legitimate mourners the rest is bullshit. Except maybe for Nancy Pelosi who stopped congress for a minute in respect for MJ. She would have done the same thing for Farrah Faucet but Farrah wasn't african american and Nancy would not get any goody voter points for it. So Farrah get you know what.

My guess is that Michael is somewhere in another world having a laugh at all the phonies involved in this nonsense.