Thursday, August 21, 2008

Water logged thinking

Will someone please come rip the clicker from my hand?! I've tried to turn off the Olympics but I can't; I'm weak and pathetic. I can only pray these games end before 2012 when they start again. I have to work. I need to get dressed, leave the house and see if gas is still $4.00 a gallon. It's freaking 9:00 a.m and I'm watching women's soccer, and truthfully I don't even like soccer. "Run girls, run and don't hit the ball with your heads so much"! I'm really waiting for individual show jumping to begin. Is there medication for this? I seriously thought when swimming ended my mania would end. After all it was the men's bodies I was focused on not new world records. Crap, there I was the very next night glued to Nastia and tiny tiny Shawn on the balance beam. Girls I suggest when you have some time learn a skill that will help you in the job market.

I've tried to read the paper, immerse myself in geopolitical reality. Boy, does that ever suck. Pakistan, Russia, Georgia, Iraq, Afganistan, Iran, who can keep track of all these tricksters anymore? The only conclusion I came to was the world is coming to an end . I picked up September's "Vogue" as a distraction, but it has more pages than "War and Peace" and the Bible, neither of which I could ever finish. I realized however, in the first 30 pages I can no longer even afford a purse which is almost as depressing as the world coming to an end. I decided to think about who McCain and Obama will pick as their running mate which once again brought me back to , the world is coming to an end.

I picked the clicker back up and clutched it in my grubby little hand. On second thought ... "run girls, run"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We used to watch women's roller derby. Remember, When they would punch the hell out of each other?

I don't have your problem but mine's just as bad. All I do is work on my house. I don't have any friends anymore. My girlfriend left me. I had to strap down my homosexual dog from following her dog.

Bye the way Obama told the world he picked his running mate but he will not tell anyone - won't even say if he told the person he picked. He will be in Springfield on Saturday, where he announced his plan to run and the person will be with him.
ISN'T THAT SPECIAL ANOTHER C B DEMILLES PRESENTATION