Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympic mania is me!

Olympic Fever! Yep, I got the fever. There I said it, like admitting you still sleep with a "blankie". Just one quick note before I drool over the male swimmers. Bob Costas, I can't emphasize enough the importance of a good colorist. In 2004 your hair was "burnt orange" which really should stay in the crayon box and now four years later I see it's the color of a black coffee from Starbucks. Highlights, highlights, highligts are crucial when going so dark ! Oh and just one more teensy weensy thing; were you auditioning for "Meet the Press" when you interviewed the President Sunday night? Good tough questions but I was hoping you'd ask his thoughts on why the female beach volleyball players wear bikinis and the men are all covered up?

I must say I haven't been this interested in swimming since I had a crush on Tom Peck who was on my high school's swim team. I just can't say enough about how exciting it is to watch Michael Phelps even at my age or especially at my age. Whoa baby, is his body rated PG? Oh, and he's a monster in the water too. Congrats on all the medals. What is it about the swimmer's bodies that is so much hotter than the gymnasts? Another good question for Bob to have asked the President. Although it's exciting/nerve wracking to watch men fly from bar to bar or off the vault I'm just not digging the outfits or their thicker more dense body type. Do not call the police , I am not a pedophile.

On a more serious note, why ARE the women wearing bikinis to play volleyball? Isn't the sand itchier in such a tiny suit? I'd be more worried about it staying on than playing. And speaking of uniforms what are our women gymnasts parading around in...leftover outfits from a circus? Girls, demand better less shiney clothes; so unflattering and tasteless. Poor things, don't they have enough to worry about? I'd like to know the sadist who thought up the balance beam and it's a miracle no one has landed in the stands flying off the uneven bars. I'm mortified watching the munchkins .

One more riveting week and then poof! the Olympians disappear. Could someone please tell me where the men's swim team will be going?

3 comments:

myplacetoshpill said...

Olympics yes! I still remember in 68 how Mexico City was packed with people... I was hooked on Olympics.. Mark Spits became my idol (in the 70's) although I can say that Esther Williams was way before me... I think.... I agree that Phelps has a body that I can stare for hours… what am I saying? All Olympians have great bodies… Ok the women’s gymnasts, which, by the way, why do they call it WOMENS' when they are just girls? Those girls are as flat as a frying pan; this tells me that in my next life I will get into gymnastics, I've always wanted smaller boobs, size small, B would do, as long as I can go through life without always having to strap a bra on… that would be great…by the way the bathing suits are pretty cool, the only problem is that if I wore one, my chest and up to my neck would never tan, that’s not good, I have a nice cleavage and I like it tanned, which by the way, if I become a gymnast in my next life I won’t have the great cleavage I have now.. hmmm something to think about.. Ok made up my mind I rather get rid of the bra than keep flaunting my cleavage.

Another thing that brought my attention is this; in the women’s gymnastics they do the Beam routine, I understand why guys wouldn’t dare get up in such a tall and narrow bean and jump and do splits in the air, one wrong move and it would be major pain right then and there. The men chose the horse thing, long wide padded stuff with two handles, much more safer for their Olympian family jewels I guess. Oh by the way, has anyone seen a clip of the track and field runners? I don’t remember his name, he is running in the USA team.. Ok the man needs to wear different shorts, he is most definitely NOT a Jew and the boy is big.. Excuse me Sir? While you are jogging can you cover what’s between you and your Calvin’s?... Now lets talk women’s legs, yes lets do, have you checked out ANY of the women soccer athletes? Their legs are amazing!... I want those legs…Alright I have a weakness for soccer players, maybe that’s why… No I just pulled up a picture of Hope Solo and yup, its’ not that she is a soccer player, it’s the legs… So make my day, bring Phelps’s body to me, then Hope Solo and I’ll show them what my athletic life is all about… Martini’s anyone? UI am great at the sport of shaking martinis people...

Anonymous said...

ann arbor

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

3 possible don'ts on Olympic attire that I have noticed now and though the years.
1- Speedos, unless you are Mark Spits 30 years ago or Michael Phelps DON’T GO THERE!!!
2- The bikini that the current women’s sand volleyball team wears, where does the sand go? Oy! Vey! Lets sing; “Sandy, Sandy I’m in misery!!”!…
3- USA Gymnastic team uniform. Who the hell came up with that crap? Did they get it from the Dollar Store? Gail, I agree with you 100%.. That’s a DON’T
4- Oh have you checked some of the hair-do’s? Oh My! My! My! Honry? that Do is a DON’T!. I would hate to be the cleaning crew at the hotel thodr girld eith glitter in their hair stay. FYI, from personal experience I can tell you that once you lay in bed with glitter on your hair, that glitter will stick to that bed FOREVER! Trust me people! I still find red glitter now and then from my 40th birthday party 8 years ago. So voila! One more little sprinkle of red glitter… SAY NO TO GLITTER!... Maybe I should get a new vacuum…

That’s all I’ve noticed through my experience watching the Olympics. Meanwhile, I am home, Olympics on the tube, and my attire? Boxers, old T-shirt and a nice glass of Merlot…No glitter and no sand up my butt. GO U.S.A.!