Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dude.

Jared! Dude. Has it really been ten years since you lost those 245 nasty pounds? Thank you "Subway" and wow, how times flies. Apparently this is a national celebration as it was highly publicized on tv and if I remember correctly, which I don't, even on the radio. I guess I'll add my congratulations also. I can't help but wonder if you continue to eat nothing but food from "Subway"? I must confess I'm always worried about how many hours the cold meats and cheeses have been sitting out. Ten years must be a really long time to keep the pounds off or there wouldn't be so much hoopla. Too bad you didn't grow up a Jewish girl who went to New Trier High School, then you could have spent a life time being neurotic about your weight.

We must be a seriously fat nation. Everyday there's a segment on one of the morning talk shows about what to eat, where to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat. I say it's getting so laborious why even bother to eat? I don't have the energy or attention span to read all the ingredient labels to determine good fat, from not so good fat ,to lethal fat. It gives me chest pains thinking about it. I'm totally shocked there's a tv show where people lose weight in front of the entire country. Who does that? And can't this be worked on off the air? Personally I'd rather lose a dress size or two in the privacy of my own home and watch "Boston Legal".

How did this happen? Was it the "axis of evil" , MacDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's luring us off the road with quadruple cheeseburgers and buckets of fries? That could be a new place for the President to focus his attention before he goes. I know we hate the French but they look thin; they smoke so they're stupid and thin. If you know my mother it's easy to keep weight off, just talk to my friend Dan about her. Oprah should also be in touch. I'll ask Mom if she'd let me give out her phone number. In the meantime, I'm hungry, so call Jared.

No comments: