Friday, February 1, 2008

Super Sized Tuesday

Super Tuesday is coming! Super Tuesday is coming! If I didn't know better I'd think it was a national fast food promotion. Mac vs. the Whopper; take your pick, take a chance. I don't eat meat, so fast food Tuesday would be lost on me. I do vote however, and it's my turn. Have I been influenced by all those caucuses and primaries before me? Nah. I do feel the urge to caucus though. I don't get it, but I'd definitely like to try. It seems neighborly, not as lonely as a voting booth. BTW the first time I ever voted I almost got locked in the damn booth. It was very traumatic. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get out. I was panicked and realized I had to start screaming for help, or crawl out under the curtain on my hands and knees. Ok, I'm voting booth challenged, and after about ten sweaty minutes found the exit lever. It's a miracle I still vote and now have a fear of small confined spaces.

Why is it "super" Tuesday I wonder? What about "Monster Monday"? Or "Fateful Friday"? Or "A Waste of a Wednesday"? The electoral process has gotten more complicated it seems and arduously looooong. There are too many whacked out candidates that fill my tv screen. Although given the personal scrutiny we now put these potential presidents through we're reduced to the criminally pure and scandal free. Get a grip people, we never would have elected our precious John F. Kennedy today. He makes Bill look like amateur night. Perhaps we should take a moment to reflect......... Feel worse? I for one haven't decided who will be my Super Tuesday choice. Thanks, John Edwards for dropping in and out; your exuberance was fun, but even I don't spend that much on a haircut. I did like Joe Biden but no one else did. Joe, if you ever want to grab lunch I'm there.

With approximately 80 hours to go I can't decide. Hillary, I know you can bake quite a good brownie, and I do prefer your health care plan. I'm wowed by your intelligence. How do you remember so much detail? I can hardly conger up my return address . You seem ready for the job and a thankless job it is. After all right after the exhilaration of being elected think of all the people who will hate and second guess you. Of course who understands that better than a Clinton? Barack, I need the promise of your promise! After eight years of George Bush I've definitely lost "that loving feeling". Can you really deliver? You may be just the man for the job. You both blew me away in last night's debate. I was cheering for each of you. I felt excitement for the future regardless of who gets the nomination.

So on Super Tuesday I'll commit to one of you, but not before a gratuitous stop at MacDonalds and Burger King.

No comments: