Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A moment of silence PLEASE

Yipee! Who wants to join me for a free "grand slam" breakfast at Denny's this morning? I'm running a little late, because the freebee food started at 6 a.m but if I forego showering, (ok, so you'll have to sit at another booth), and throw on some gym shorts I can make it. Maybe twice. Or even three times. I eat fast . Btw, what is a "grand slam" breakfast? I like the sports reference, but it's not baseball season. Who cares, isn't this great?!? And what a change from the bleak, depressing news that hounds us, 24/7. Can't those guys just shut up! Who else wants a minute of silence every day on CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CBS...although I doubt those guys can shut their traps for that long. "Blah, blah, blah, disaster, blah, blah, ruin, blah, blah, bail out, blah, blah, recession". Get off my freaking screen!

I'm lovin' Dennys for bringing me these few happy hours. In celebration I may not even read the paper today or listen to the news. Is Sesame Street still on? And what time? There's no law saying I have to watch it with a 5 year old. "What's up Kermit"? Or how about that big purple creature, or the one with the sponge pants; I bet they're not talkin' "asset backed securities, or foreclosure". I say bring back the "Mickey Mouse Club" for the baby boomers who are scared out of their freaking minds. I always wanted to be a Mousketeer and think I'm onto something here. Boomers in mouse hats singing about what day of the week it is! Nice huh? And happy!

I'm off to Denny's as I'm hungry ,so whatever they're serving I'm eating. Free tastes good... Meet me?

1 comment:

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

My girlfriend and I had the grand slam at 7am, Denny's was packed but we waited till we got a table. I guess the old folks slept through the Superbowl because they weren't there... The hell with the diet, free food keeps my wallet fat.

About CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CBS...You want them to shut up? easy girlfriend, there is a red button on your remote (the TV remote not the vibrator) push that little button and BAM! TV off they shut up... Then get in a comfortable position and put new batteries on your vibrator, you'll be praising God in no time.

About watching kids programs on TV, all I can say is one thing M I C K E Y M O U S EEEEEE!!!... You know there are other kinds of shows on TV, you don't have to watch bad news all the time girl!...and if you want to be a Mousketeer sorry to tell you but you are way pass the legal limit but you can be on Survivor, Amazing race, or go steal something good and you can be part of the shows you are addicted too like MSNBC and the best part is that your will be the MOST WANTED! Your face would look divine on a mild carton I think.

Denny’s thank you fro my free breakfast and lets not forget to tip the server, it’s not their fault that Denny’s is a trillion dollar company and they get paid minimum salary..