Monday, October 20, 2008

Come Party with a Saudi Oil Baron! and maybe Alan Greenspan

I'm throwing a party and everyone's invited. I've got a huge day ahead making arrangements. I'm sorry about the short, short, notice, but the gala event is tonight before it's too late. Cocktail attire please but if that's not possible, then business casual. (If you work at home exactly what does that mean)? Since I'm not usually a party giver I'm nervous about details like food. Maybe you should eat a little something first. Oh btw, BYOB. The cheap rumors are true. I'm trying desperately to get a Saudi oil baron and some OPEC members to attend.

What's more spiritually uplifting than "last call" at Neimans? Nothing? Wrong. Gas for $2.95! Oh my God, be still my heart and why does this make me so damn happy? There it was on the horizon calling to my little Honda... "I'm over here ...$2.95 a gallon... like a dream come true"! Isn't this better than sex? I jumped out of my car and filled my tank as fast as I could in case the price went up. I was sweating and shedding tears of joy. I ran into the gas station to share my jubilance with anyone/everyone who was there. Honestly, I was disappointed there was only one guy eating a hot dog with no noticeable tears of joy, but probably heartburn.

I hope anyone who attends my gas station gala needs a fill up. $2.95 is so much more fun than $4.00 a gallon, which quite honestly gave me stomach pain and a deep sense of financial loss. Should I invite Alan Greenspan? I bet he has a tux and could use a pick me up after being blamed for his part in the country's complete economic collapse. "W" likes Saudi oil barons, so he might have a good time. And absolutely no one bring Dick Cheney; ick, ick, ick. Besides I think he's missing again. 7:00 p.m. the Shell station on hwy 50 just west of rte 45, Bristol, Wisconsin. Be there!

1 comment:

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

a gas station messed up big time, they set the pumps at .37 cents a gallon. The Manager didn't know what the hell was goning on, cars lined up to pump some gas. Word spread around town, the gas station ran out of gas in 3 hours. The Manager must have thought that it was a great day in his town and EVERYONE needed gas when he realized, after all the gas was pumped, that he programmed the gas pumps to .37 cents per gallon. What can he do? I wish I would have known that, didn't find out till the 8o'clock news, damn! I would have taken my car and my boat. I would love to go to yoru party Gail, I have my own beer, I woudl bring some food, woudl have loved to meet the Arab Gas Lords and yes please have Chaney stay home where he belongs.