Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh no another election!

Thank God the days of dueling are over as right about now I'd be boning up on my skills with a six shooter or sword. Presidential elections are fun aren't they? I'm going into hiding until November 4th because my head is about to explode and vitriol will be oozing out all over my cute summer clothes. I was close to choking a man twice my size, which would have required my leaping over four glasses of a lovely Chardonnay and a cheese plate, because we were discussing Obama vs. McCain on Supreme Court picks. I love lively political banter. Now where are those damn pistols?

The last Presidential race was a conversation killer also. I had no friends by November and didn't want any. Fortunately I didn't leave marks on anyone's neck but I decided alone under the bed for the next four years was best. I cancelled all my newspapers determined to live in a political vacuum. That lasted three weeks. Dick Cheney I'm so mad at you. Couldn't you keep your neo-conservative ideas to yourself? Be happy you have a blond wife and lots of money and go away. As for the rest of the posse, at long, long, last I can say , "good-bye and please don't write memoirs" . About the G.W. Bush Presidential library; it's a bit too oxymoric for me not to burst out laughing. How about a nice well dusted shelf somewhere and save the taxpayers some money?

There is only one way for me to survive until November without a police record... I've put a moratorium on all political discussion unless it's with someone who agress with me. Doesn't that sound restful? As for those who want to engage in exchanging points of view, I suggest taking two Xanax and call me in the morning.

No comments: