Monday, June 9, 2008

Sex and the elephant

Watch out for the elephant! You know that big old creature in the living room called, "we never have sex". Well girls I read in the New York Times the bar has been re-set from "never" to 365 and 101 days in a row, thanks respectively to Brad and Charla Muller and Doug and Annie Brown. Is "thanks" the word I'm searching for? Hey don't look at me, I've learned to walk and clean around the big guy. But what better way to perk up the marriage than "I think we should have sex every night for a year... if that's good for you". Annie opted for a consecutive 101 but regardless, I think we have an Olympic event here. Can you say 2020 Winter Games?

I admit I would never have thought of their solution to shooing the creature out of the room. Divorce was my answer to pest control. And there's the Elliot Spitzer school of marriage counseling which is popular but budget wrenching. Why not eliminate costly therapy and take on marital sexual ennui like an aoerbics or spinning class?! After all exercise is good for you. Oprah are you in?

Wow! is my response . Brenda and Annie you're kick ass wives. I read the average couple has sex 66 times a year and I'm still sitting here pondering if that seems like too much or too little....then again I don't mind taking care of two dogs, a horse and an elephant.

1 comment:

Sandy Boyce said...

I read the source article. The couples seem to agree that it is hard to be mad at your spouse when you know that sexual intimacy "time" will be there in several hours. They all felt there was definitely a better connection and rapport. The 101 day couple said they probably took a month off when the 101 days ended. What does that infer? Sandford