Monday, August 17, 2009

Michael Vick; still a dog killer in my book

This is not my usual funny blog.

Oh for God's sake who in their right mind believed a word Michael Vick said on 60 Minutes last night? I didn't believe him for 60 seconds. Are we really supposed to think he transformed from a dog killer to ASPCA spokesperson? Now I may have had a few glasses of a lovely reisling .... but he's lying. He has image shapers, lawyers, public relations gurus...I didn't see any dogs sitting at his side licking his hand. I still cringe visualizing the images of the starving/dying dogs he left behind when the mediocre quarterback from Virginia Tech/Atlanta Falcons went to prison. He might have been "rehabilitated" ,but some of those dogs never will be. Sorry big guy, you are behind dogs on my priority list. Oh, you've found Jesus? Yea! Whoppee do! I HATE THAT. Bullshit religious hypocrisy and convenience. Let's leave the Lord out of this Mr. Vick. After all who saved your helpless dogs?!

Obviously this pisses me off. He was temporarily re-instated to the NFL and the Eagles fans will probably embrace his sorry ass if they win games with him at the helm...how quickly fans forget when they get the big "win". How we love our sports heroes regardless of their transgressions. Trust me there is no bigger sports freak than I am but this guy is a loser in my book. Let's see how long he loves his furry friends...one game...two games..and entire season? Sorry ASPCA, next season you'll need a new ambassador.

Should we let him off the hook? I say he should be allowed back in the work force...bag boy , paper boy, Home Depot inventory boy...but the NFL? Forgive a spoiled brat athlete who kills dogs for "sport". Wow, it sure is fun to watch dogs die! Personally this breaks my heart. My heart does not break or bleed for Michael Vick.

6 comments:

Glo Scheffres Dittmann said...

If it brings any comfort, I am certain that sooner or later Mr. Vick is going to run into a dog-loving football player on an opposing team who is going to administer some justice to Mr. Vick. Let HIM see what physical abuse truly feels like.

I do not believe for one second that whatever is twisted and sick inside Mr. Vick has been fixed by his sojourn in prison. I believe that, given the chance, Mr. Vick would repeat his offenses against innocent animals if there were profit to be had. Croccodile tears have never impressed me.

It should be noted - and perhaps bring some comfort - that the recommendation of PETA and the HSUS that all of the dogs that survived and were seized be put to death - that recommendation in most cases was not acted on. Rather, the vast majority of those survivors of Mr. Vick's torture have been rehabilitated in a way Mr. Vick never will and today they are living the lives that were meant for them - loving and being loved by humans devoted to their care and welfare.

Be Well - Glo Scheffres, NTHS class of 1966

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you are a competent writer when you are pissed off and not just a comedian.

Our society only knows the extremes. Put them in jail for debts. Hang them from a tree without trials. Let them break rocks for years.

Now we call them misguided, underprivileged or my favorite "temporarily crazy".

Why does everyone call prison, prison reform. Aside from a few cases most people come out worst than they went in - even the ones who found God. They have gyms to build up there muscles and learn many more evil ways.

Good blog.

Anonymous said...

They are NOT happy in Philadelphia. The chant is "hold on to your Beagle, Mike Vick just became an Eagle."

Anonymous said...

I was enraged when I heard a Channel 7 news reporter say he "believed in mercy" and that people should be forgiven for their crimes. I say "where is the mercy for the dogs who were so cruelly treated. Channel 7 - I am done with you.
Michael Vick is as transparent as saran wrap. For the humane societies to fall for this B.S. media blitz makes me question their integrity.
Gail, bag person and Home Depot inventory boy are too good for Michale Vick. He needs to be cleaning dog cages at the humane societies that he is supposedly the spokes person for. That job is more fitting for him.

Sober 1 said...

Why is it we glorify villainry in this country? Am I the only person who remembers the Nixon stamp? Like, whhhaaaaassup with that? Tricky Dick and Michael Vick! BTW There is no Nixon stamp but there was talk.
Vick gets a 7 figure salary, ouch that's punishment.

Sober 1 day 8 freakin' teen. (18)

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I so hope some animal loving player on the opponents team shows Mr. Vick what being mistreated is like. I can't believe that the Eagles or any other team would touch him with a 10 ft. pole. What is wrong with society??