Thursday, June 4, 2009

"He's just not that into me"? ok.

Girls, girls, girls, I still don't get it...Am I just stupid or is the world on "relationship tilt"? Last night I watched as light, viewing entertainment "He's Just Not That Into You". Deeply disturbing film. Half way through I was searching for a paper bag to breathe into. Come on now, are we that pathetic a gender? Are we really the sadder sex? Hopelessly flawed? Doomed to lonliness? Flailing around in dating limbo? AND that freaking desperate for a man? Phew, there I said it! Why, why, why is it we need so much advice about how to get a date? Was I absent the day they taught the "man keeping" lesson in school? Is there not one single solitary male alive who is sitting around wondering why he's a dating loser? It seems all they suffer from is exhaustion... from rejecting women. Wow, great movie huh? Hide your daughter's eyes!

I get news letters from some dating guru named Christian Carter. The Dali Lama of man trapping. He claims to know secrets.... the things that will make a man want me. Awesome babe. How to meet the right man and get him to need me. Yea! How to change things back to how it was when you first started dating . Yippee! How to push the right buttons so a man opens up to me. Zippity do da! And last but not least (or maybe least), how to "speak his language". Ta da! Isn't this great? I'm so close .

Men are lucky. They're hangin' out waiting for "advice letter" readers to behave correctly. And this is the very best part girlies, when we strictly adhere to the instructions we can finally have a man of our own. Praise the Lord and crap. I was never good at following directions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can i buy the cute skirt?

gail maria said...

I bought it years ago at "Gray" in Winnetka, Il Haven't seen one as cute since!

Anonymous said...

Not interested in going back to high school or college days! Take me as I am or leave me alone.

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

OMG that's sad Gail... Sad to think that in order to get a man you have to mold yourself to what he would like? yaix! Hell no... And again, not all men are assholes honey, I know quite a few who's heart were broken too.. Some that were left crying, some that learned how to clean, cook, shop at Macy's and bought jewelry.. OH WAIT those men are gay, left like a lone bugger on a wall by a "straight man" straight my ass but what can I say, they left the boy for a girl, why? cos Mama might not approve.. Oh well... Here is a suggestion, go shopping, get a vibrator, a bottle of wine, a Playgirl magazine and get the bath going OR get a "man for hire" and oh yes, you want a man who cares? Gay men are great for that, awesome when it comes to treating woman, you won't be able to have sex with them because, well, they are gay, but that's when the vibrator comes in handy... Oh and he will enjoy watching playgirl magazine and shopping with you...
OR if you want someone that feels, needs, cares and you talk their same language then get a lesbian, however I don't think you would be happy with the lesbian cos you aren't one, and by the way, women can be bitches too.. Believe me, I've dated a few and yup I was the one that dumped them.. I just can't put up with crap... I guess I was the one who was "not into them"... Stick to the wine and really go to an "adult store" and get something.. They don't talk back to you...

Anonymous said...

I watched that stereotypical movie as well and - while I realize you are just being funny - I agree with Jen Jen's more balanced analysis. I am a heterosexual male and have been both the dumpor and the dumpee. I feel that causing the break up is the worst of the two.

I am of the age where (I am told) there are more women than men. However, very few men I know take advantage of every woman they can. The ones that do are mostly boys who have yet to grow up.

Every breakup involves pain on both sides and is the result of failure on both sides. There is nothing good about them. Yet almost every divorcee I know is happy to tell anyone who will listen about that bad person they married. Too bad we don't learn from our mistakes.

On the other side of the coin there are men who women tell me about as "he's nice but boring, or plain looking, etc".

This is too serious for me so my conclusion about the movie is that it failed at humor - insulted both sexes - had no story of value and the worst part (?) - it was too annoying to be entertaining.