Friday, December 19, 2008

SURVEY SAYS.....pick your pleasure.

SEX or the INTERNET? Which would you give up for two weeks? Yes, they did a survey, and why, I have no clue. But SURVEY SAYS....46% of women and 30% of men over 35 picked the internet over sex. Dearies what are you trying to tell me? Wait, there's more shocking news... the percentages increased as the demographic lowered in age. Between the ages of 18 -34, 49% of women picked the internet and 39% of men. BAFFLING. Hold on there girlies, those youngins' are hot. Quick, have lots of sex with them before they're middle aged. Or keep your computers on and hand one of those boys over to to me for two weeks.

I confess I'm an internet junkie. My little laptop calls to me the minute I walk in the door. I barely have my coat off before I run to turn it on. I have no control over this impulse. I've tried to stop myself, pour a glass of wine, relax, but I can't! It's no use I sprint to my office, wine spilling everywhere, and impatiently wait for those narcotic words "you've got mail". AHHHHHH!!!!! Is this the new orgasm? Trust me, there's never anything but junk mail and I spend the next ten minutes disappointed and deleting. Is this really better than sex? Is it? Is it? Is it?

How did this happen? If you're a hypocondriac like me the internet is a DREAM COME TRUE . I can "google" every single ache and pain. I've spent hours just on my left knee. Diagnosing my knee has kept me fascinated for weeks, only briefly interrputed by the research I've done on my cracking right thumb. Btw, my knee still hurts and my thumb is ok. Which makes me wonder whether my medical symptoms are better than sex. Hold on, hold on, don't judge me yet...in Briton 1/2 of the men polled said they'd give up sex for 6 months or more for a 50 inch plasma tv!!!! Now that's a trade I wouldn't make. How about you? Survey says....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I'll begin with the internet. Example - if I use google to learn about something more often I get a bunch of sites advertising their somethings and not giving me the information I want. So, good as it is the internet has many frustrations. And, I can hardly tell the difference between HD and LD when it comes to television.

Nw sex. That's just frustrating.

I would give them all up for a good night's sleep.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy hanukkah and a fabulous new year. be well and enjoy. xoxo nancie