Monday, September 1, 2008

Sarah Palin for Ms. Alaska, I mean Vice President

Who?!?! Why? Huh? Excuse me? Sarah Palin is Governor of Alaska? I didn't know that did you? Her last name is pronounced like Eddie Van Halen. I'd personally feel a lot better if it was pronounced like Bob Dylan. Wow this means the Republicans will get all three of Alaska's electoral votes. Always thinking. I hope it brings more attention to the Iditerod because it's a damn exciting race. I better get a Huskie before people flock to the pet stores. I've read that Sarah hunts and fishes. I hope now that she's playing with the big boys she doesn't go hunting with Dick Cheney. But then again she'd have to find him, so never mind.

I guess John McCain didn't know my mother was available for the Vice Presidential spot. She's far more qualified. Mom can send out her resume asap, if he wants to change his mind. Oh, but I guess he wanted to give someone with very little experience a chance; that is really really nice of him . I think he's absolutely right, everyone needs a leg up in the work force. After all President Bush gave "Brownie" one and now John McCain is helping Sarah get a better job. Oh btw, before she was Governor she was Mayor of the tiny, tiny town of Wasilla with a population of less than 7,000. I keep thinking about the inexperience complaint concerning Obama. Whoops, did I say something bad? Before I forget, happy 72nd birthday John McCain. You're right we shouldn't worry about Sarah's ability to become Commander in Chief, she'll have plenty of time for "on the job" training.

Oh, it's a ballsy choice. I assume it's supposed to shore up the Evangelical base and it's disappointing to know they are such an influential base; that really frightens me. I'm just a big fan of the separation of church and state. As for a woman's "right to choose", Sarah's not a big fan, which also disappoints and frightens me. I have my fingers crossed that the women who feel disenfranchised since Hillary Clinton lost the nomination will NOT be seduced by what John McCain has done. Sarah Palin is not the replacement Hillary... I repeat Sara Palin is not the replacement Hillary. I'm sorry you're all sad and truthfully so was I, but MOVE ON, not over to the other party. That's not revenge, it's four more years.

7 comments:

Sandy Boyce said...

Hello Maria: Up here in Michigan, the radio ads clearly say they are not preaching who should be elected, because that is not respectful of the lovely separation of church and state. However, they do want you to call for the pamphlet that spells out how candidates feel about: abortion; stem cell research; gay marriage; and euthanasia.

Anonymous said...

THE THING THAT SCARES ME THE MOST IS MCCAIN ONLY MET HER TWICE BEFORE MAKING HIS DECISION. IF IT'S THAT IMPORTANT A JOB...AND AT HIS AGE IT CERTAINLY IS, DOESN'T HE THINK THE COUNTRY DESERVES MORE THAN A WHAM BAM HERE'S THE VICE PRESIDENCY M'AM? I'M A MAN AND I WAS INSULTED BY THIS PANDERING TO THE "WOMAN VOTE". IT'S INSULTING AND EMBARRASSING. I DON'T CARE HOW MANY WAYS THEY TRY TO JUSTIFY HER CHOICE, IT'S JUST MORE EMBARRASSMENT IN THE WORLD COMMUNITY. SO WHAT IF SHE CAN KILL, SKIN AND COOK A CARIBOU. I HATE CARIBOU. OY! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO???

Anonymous said...

And if Ms Alaska was at home tending to her growing family then perhaps her daughter might not be 5 months pregnant!

Anonymous said...

OK--So you got me to make a comment. I tried several months ago to leave with you a taste of my thoughts when you dissed Subway Sandwiches but couldn't figure out how to post it. But now you have gone too far.

Sarah is my lady. No pandering here--someone who has been fooled by Hilliary will not be smart enough to vote for Palin.

The Dems would have demonized any vp candidate. They can't help it. Granted--I don't like McCain but Palin represents a lot of what I believe. She has more experience in being an Executive than does Obama.

So there.

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

McCain what the heck were you thinking? Sarah Palin thinks that teenage sex education is all about abstinence.She doesn't believe in women's rights. Has done nothing for the environment except save one endanger species. Oh and her teenage daughter is pregnant woops. Did Sarah not preach abstinence to her daughter? Abstinence doesn’t work sister Sarah. We are all born with hormones darling...Tell your kid to try condoms and have real sex education in schools. And Sarah do you know about H.I.V./A.I.D.S?
John McCain, I've been a Recruiter for 6 years, would you like me to interview people for you? I will do a background check as well as interview them face-to-face more than just twice.
W.W.J.B.D. (What Would Joe Biden Do?).Love you Joe!

Anonymous said...

There are too many issues in this blog to deal with so I'll just pick a few - separation of church and state is good as well as a woman's right to choose to give birth or not. Finally there is kind of experience that is appropriate for the presidency and women's expected reaction to Hillary ('s loss).

Hillary is the easiest. I don't think McCain is stupid enough to think that women will vote for Mrs. Palin because they all have ovaries any more than Obama thinks that America should follow the model of the
Chinese government now that he had a chance to think about what a stupid comment it was.

I guess church and state and abortion sort of go together. I think Mrs Palin must be frightening here because she really lives her beliefs no matter the cost to her. To me there are two valid sides to these arguments. If one looks at how muslims are turned against anyone because a fanatical cleric says Allah wants them dead, or even the Spanish Inquisition "separation" is really important. But if you say there are two valid sides to the abortion issue then should the church and state issue be brought in?

That leaves us with what is the appropriate experience to be president. Today we have a very smart, gifted speaker (capable of stretching his background to the point of - ah hell - bullshit, who spent most of his life working at and politicking for the presidency and the experience of 143 days in congress. One who actually began feasibility studies about his possible presidency as soon as he got to the senate.

On the other hand we have a public servant who has the smarts and experience to be a mayor and a governor (small city, small state). Who seems to have good values and more importantly the courage to live them who is asked to serve. And, she is asked to serve by a man who also shares those values and respects that courage.

I'll take the servant over the guy whose ego wants him to be president. It may sound all to simple but there have been times when the world's most momentous decisions are dropped on someone who is seemingly ill prepared for them - only courage and character are available. Like the event when a tailor from Missouri, launched the entire world into the atomic era.

It seems that character has a more lasting effect on history than the ability to speak beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Bye the way Palin' rating as governor has been as high as 95% and is not averaging in the high 80's. She has cut spending despite the fact that the state's revenues are up due to high oil prices.

The democrats don't want her as vice president or president.