Monday, September 15, 2008

Baked Alaska or Hillary'?

I need the Olympics back! I don't care if the Chinese girls are only 12...I want gymnasts and hunky swimmers. I'd even take rowers, archers, or anything synchronized .... I'm desperate. I can't stand politics anymore! I think I had a life before this election. I vaguely remember having friends . It seems so very long ago. I also used sentences that didn't have the words McCain, Obama, red state, blue state or SARAH in them. Suddenly the word "troopergate" is part of the vernacular. What's next "poopergate"? Hey, it could happen. A few misssing diapers and it's a whole new political ballgame. See how crazy I've become? I need to get out more.

I went to the dentist where I thought I would be safe from politics. I found myself looking moronically forward to the People Magazines he has for his patients. This is a very very nice touch and one reason why I'll never leave him. An article about Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie might be just what my jangled brain needed to prevent it from exploding. Ixnay that thought because "you know who" was on the cover. Is there no place to hide? Quick Dr. D bring the novacaine, anything, anything, but more Sarah.

I actually left his office with a lovely new filling and some stunning political fodder. Wow, not only is Dr. D good with the novacaine needle he's a very cagey thinker. He had a crafty prediction that would put a smile on the face of Karl Rove... or sneer, which ever means he's happy. He said that if the Palin frenzy didn't die down in the next few weeks, Joe Biden would voluntarily step aside as the V.P. candidate and voila Hillary's back. Take that Ms. Baked Alaska! Like a dream come true. Dr. D, what an idea! Why isn't he running the Democratic party? Of course if my dentist is right, I'm going to be consulting with him on all my sports bets. But regardless , I've decided for peace of mind to go to his office everyday between now and the election.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a thought, while you're awaiting the return of Hillary (and for your savings to go back up). If Ole Doc D is right America will have a free spending, inexperienced president, a free spending vice president who is in love with government controlled health care and a democratic controlled house and senate, reluctant to drill to get gas prices down - as opposed to refusing to do anything but penalize price gougers and wait for alternate sources of energy to come along. I wonder how many extra bureaucrats will be needed to keep after those "gougers".

And, the resulting "piece de resistance" will be no control on that government's ability to spend money. History has shown that the increase in government spending under a divided government has been 1.73% but when it's all one party (doesn't matter which party) it has been 5.26% - 3 times more and we're speaking billions.

If you think the economy is bad now!!!!!!!!!!!!