Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lipstick on a Bulldog or I love hockey?

What struck me most about Sarah Palin's speech is what a fabulous looking middle aged woman Cindy McCain is. Man oh man I wish I looked like her. I think blonds really do have more fun. And money. I also noticed that Rudy Guiliani has put on some weight, probably from all those lucrative speaking engagements. Rudy should take a page out of Jared's playbook and eat Subway sandwiches for a while. I digress, but isn't Sarah's husband a hunk? Whoa baby he's a hottie. If he's the typical Alaskan man I'd suggest single women hightail it up north. I also was struck by the number of black people in the audience; I think it was 3 but it could have been 4 . Wow, Republicans are all white. Oh and also a bit beefy; Subway sandwiches for the entire convention! I'm not a fashonista but some really really bad clothes out there in the audience. Donna Karan or Marc Jacobs to the rescue please!

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, what can I say? You just don't reach me as a woman. But it looked like you were the cat's meow for most of the others in the hall. The "I'm a mom like you" didn't convince me you should be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. I know Alaska is closer to Russia than the rest of the states (I checked a map) but I'm not sure that gives you and Putin a point of departure. I listened carefully and although your delivery style was perky you struck me as more of a goldfish than "barracuda". I believe you are sincere in your adulation of John McCain. Lord knows I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in a prison camp, so you're right he is a hero. I apologize to all my girlfriends, but I would have left you all behind and gotten my sorry ass out of Vietnam. I also agree not mentioning the Bush years is a good plan; no sense crying over spilled, spilling and spoiled milk right? Just keep harkening back to Ronald Reagan and bask in the cheering.

Thanks for the "breath of fresh Alaskan air" Sarah... I forgot who said that. Oh and Sarah isn't here to replace Hillary is she? She's the anti-Hillary. Sarah's a Bulldog hockey mom with lipstick or something to that effect. And isn't that all we need in a Vice President...?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the same thing about the few black people. And, the 1 I saw appeared to be a security guard. I enjoyed your 2 last blogs. The obvious things I wanted to note (most already mentioned in the media by now).
1 - all this embracing of Sarah, good story but what does she stand for other than Pro Life, hunting, and a fighter? Americans are so dumb and emotional. They are charmed into anything. Could her speech include a word or 2 of her own agenda?
2 - all these religious folk all happy that her and her daughter are pro life and I am impressed when people can make that hard decision. But.... many unplanned, often-teen pregnancies end up on the taxpayers welfare plan, which most Republicans do not support. "Poor people should pull their weight, get a job, it's not my problem etc. etc." Not to mention that the media has beaten up the Spears family for their bad parenting (affecting the mothers book launch). Teen pregnancy = promiscuity which is reality in the real world...but not in the Holy Republicans eyes. “Oh, but the Palin family is different, did you see how sweet the daughter looked holding her baby brother.”
3. On the experience things, Barak was a scholar. He got his law degree from Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1991. He taught Constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School. His good judgment and instincts are backed by his resume and education. He's not a real "unknown" since he was chosen as the keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston.
4. Sarah Palin earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987. Then she was a television sports reporter in Anchorage. In 1992, she won a seat on the Wasilla City Council (like my friend down the street since her kids went back to school). You know the story…mayor…governor. It sounds like she has done a lot in a short time and I believe she could be a good republican politician BUT, the potential next president. The democrats should sneak this tidbit into the new “American men now live just five years less, on average, than women. Male life expectancy hit a record 75.2 in 2004, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently announced.” Add cancer and 5 years of torcher to shave off a few more years. So, President Palin in 2010? Ready or not, here she comes!

me

Anonymous said...

Since undoubtedly thousands of people read this blog (can't hurt to suck up to the blog mistress), I thought I would comment on the above posting. Much like Senator Obama's resume, I will keep it short.

It is hard to be critical of those who "embrace" Palin if, at the same time, you are supporting Obama. Let us examine the wonderful things Obama has accomplished. He was a "scholar" and at Harvard no less. The poster twice mentions the respective colleges of the two candidates. Do I get a whiff of intellectual elitism here? Maybe we need someone from Idaho or Alaska instead of the string of lawyers from Harvard and Yale. His supporters at the convention apparently realized that because in their well crafted video of his life, they never once mentioned his years at Havard or Columbia. Oh, we are told he was a "community
activist". How wonderful. My suggestion is to go to Google and find out just what he did. YOu may not be so impressed. His years as a State Senator were very unimpressive (no major or even minor legislation and no examples of working with Republicans. His time in the U.S. Senate has largely been spent in running for President.

As Governor, Palin successfully fought both corruption in her own Party as well as the overbearing oil interests.

So--the "religious folk" are happy. Must be some unreligious folks too--I haven't been in a church in decades and I am very supportive of Palin. And I am not a "Holy" Republican either but that term is kind of offensive.

Palin as more executive experience and more life experience than the man at the top of the Republican ticket.

I see that Senator Obama made two gaffes so far today. He was the one that was not properly vetted by the Dems.