Monday, November 29, 2010

"The Housewives of Beverly Hills" Scared the Crap Out of Me

I never liked to watch scary TV when I was growing up. The most frightening I could tolerate was"The Twilight Zone." "Shock Theater" was out of the question as was anything with Frankenstein , The Mummy , or a monster who could later haunt me in my dreams. I had to face it, I was a scardy cat and wimp. Ixnay to creepy and freaky. I've been playing it safe ever since. No Freddy Kruger, or folks wielding a chain saw pass in front of these eyes. I thought I was safe until I mistakenly saw "The Housewives of Orange County" in their blindingly colored clothes, big nests of hair, and gigantic breasts. It was shock and not a lot of awe. I thankfully repressed the crazy woman tribe of Orange County but was on the treadmill at the gym last week and stumbled upon the equally frightening "Housewives of Beverly Hills."

I almost lost a limb watching the flashy trashy girls. I was staring so intently at them I forgot to keep my feet moving and started to fly off the machine. Happily I caught myself and didn't have to be hauled off in an ambulance and miss the show. Who are these women? This haunts me along with the thought that their plastic surgeons need to go back to medical school and consider a different specialty. I wanted to hide my eyes but couldn't. Oy! And for the life of me I don't know why they want such giant breasts. It seemed like they were always falling out of their tops and I could reach out and catch them. And why why why would you want your lips really big and puffy like marshmellows? Surprisingly no one had a lisp. I also can't imagine how they breathe in such tightly fitting clothes but somehow the girls manage. I could never hold my stomach in for more than 10 minutes at a stretch. They must have very good lungs.

The scariest part of the show however was how much money two of the wives spent on birthday parties for their respective two and four year old daughters. "Mom, why didn't you spend $60,000 for my fourth birthday, or the paltry sum of $12,000 for my second? All I got was pin the tail on the donkey and bingo. I would have loved a live petting zoo, cho cho train, $20,000 worth of flowers and a song composed just for me. Although it is really sad to peak as a female at the age of two or four.

The "Housewives of Beverly Hills" scared the crap out of me. I can't understand why or how they're on TV. So far none of the wives have caused me to wake up screaming but personally I have ruled out cosmetic surgery. I've also decided to rent "Friday the 13th" and "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" as comic relief.

4 comments:

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

I can't stand those kind of TV shows; however, I was playing TV roulette one evening and I stopped to check out what the show was all about. I was shocked at how freaking unreal they are. everything is about money, looks, boobs filled with crap to make them bigger, wider, and unreal. Their faces are poked with every kind of chemicals you can put without a surgeon being put through court. FAKE FAKE FAKE. All I could think of was my favorite line from the movie "Connie and Carla" which I highly recommend. Carla looks at the audience and asks this woman how many face lifts she's got then Carla says "Honey if your man tells you that your face looks like a map tell him to hit the road" ..

What gets on my nerves is that those same rich-fake-bitches who inject chemicals into their skin to make their lips wider, puffier, unmovable and they also visit the surgeon every 3 months to get something else tucked, cut, curled, bigger, smaller, wider by injecting , cutting or stuffing crap into their bodies are the same women who will tell a smoke that cigarettes are bad for their health.. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE CHEMICALS ARE DOING TO YOUR BODY WOMAN?..

So now I will not nor do I want to check see that show again.. I will stick to the Discovery channel, wash my face with hot water and soap and drink a bottle of wine, that won't damage what's between my skin and the next layer.

SAY NO TO CHEMICALS!!!. Plus wrinkles are a sign of laughter woman, so stop that crap.

gail maria said...

Dr. Ruth your wisdom speaks to all of us - just say "no" to plastic faces and bodies. No needless needles for me either. Wine, soap and water is good advice!

Anonymous said...

It's all added proof that money and class are not mutually dependent. The real culprit, however is the audience. I would put on big breasts and thick lips if I thought enough fools would watch and i would make a lot of money.

These morons are just the monkeys in the zoo but if it were not for the visitors they would be swinging in the trees where they belong and are comfortable.

gail maria said...

Yes the Beverly Hills girls belong in a zoo but I confess it's like stopping to see a car wreck on the highway - hard to turn away.