Saturday, November 13, 2010

"The Dating Game" Comes to Middle Age and the Radio

Remember the TV show "The Dating Game?" I used to watch and wish I was one of the hot bachelorettes who got asked those really dumb questions. Sadly I never was and didn't have a micro mini skirt anyway. But opportunity might be knocking as "Here Women Talk" is bringing the show back to us . They have "Tom" a 53 year old divorced guy ready, willing and anxious to stick his neck out to look for love . "Here Women Talk" is searching for dates for our boy Tom but as fate would have it, it's being reincarnated as a radio show! No one would ever date me if all they heard was my voice. They'd turn off the radio and run out of the room screaming and covering their ears. There's no way I'd be picked I'm afraid, but there must be a lot of women with melodious voices anxious to try their hand and play. In fact click this link if you want to vie for a date with Tom: http://herewomentalksocial.com/profile/TomDatingGame.com

I know my line of questioning Tom or any middle aged man would be much different now than it would have been in my twenties or thirties. Personally I'd need a lot more information... a lot more! "You're cute, I'll marry you" is over. My Dating Game would go something like this:

"Bachelor #1 - Do you have a financial statement handy for my perusal?"

"Bachelor #2 - How many times a day does your ex-wife call?"

"Bachelor #3 - How many hours of sports do you watch a day, month and calendar year?"

"Bachelor #1 How often do you talk to your Mother?"

"Bachelor #2 - What medications are you on? And are your joints real?

"Bachelor #3 - How many times a week, month or year would you want to have sex?"

"Bachelor #1 - How's your hearing?....I SAID, HOW'S YOUR HEARING?"

"Bachelor #2- On average how many times a night do you get up to pee?"

"Bachelor #3 - Do you fall asleep before, during, or after the news?"

I'm certain I'd end up unable or unwilling to chose #1,2, or 3. I'm picky, alone and ask too many questions. I can't wait however, to hear Tom and the crafty quiz he has for the bachelorettes. If you want to tune in to find out if our man finds a date here's the scoop: Monday Nov.22 : http://www.herewomentalk.com/ The John Banks Show "Bringing Man out of the Cave" 2:00- 3:00 est.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bachelor #1
when you answer a woman's invitation to a party as "depends" do you
mean you can't decide, or you will have to wear depends

Perry Block said...

Gail,
Just let me at that Dating Game! My chance at last to secure myself a (somewhat) mature woman and live happily ever after... or at least have a nice weekend.

Here's how I would masterfully handle some of those questions you posed:

"Do you have a financial statement handy for my perusal?"
Yes, perfect for very prompt perusal.

"How many hours of sports do you watch a day, month and calendar year?"
Depends. Does Roller Derby count as a sport?

"What medications are you on? And are your joints real?"
Best if you just flip through this Physician's Desk Reference. My joints are just as real as all my other drugs.

"How many times a week, month or year would you want to have sex?"
I would want to have sex numerous times per night. I am able to have sex numerous times per decade.

"How's your hearing?....I SAID, HOW'S YOUR HEARING?"
Only thing about me that gets hard.

"Do you fall asleep before, during, or after the news?"
After. That Matt Lauer and Meredith Viera really wear me the hell out!

Thanks for the opportunity, Gail. Funny post and great fun as always!

Perry

(Do you think Diane Lane might be playing?)

Doris Gallan said...

I love your questions. What a great idea to have a show when people know too much to be fooled by the concept of The Dating Game. It would be a lot more fun with guests in the 50s+.

Doris, The Boomer Travel Coach

gail maria said...

OMG a middle age
dating game could be hilarious. Perry, you definitely are a bachelor candidate. I'll see what I can do for ya big guy.

Doris: you're right we would be so much more saavy now with the line of questioning!

As for Depends ... that depends. and ugh/gross

gail maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gail maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have no financial statement but can get a reference from the Salvation Army that I haven't been there in months. I live to have sex every time they let me indoors, except for summer months. I usually pee 4 times a night but I never bother to get up. Morning or evening news? bachelor n.

gail maria said...

Bachelor N : You sound like a perfect candidate - I'm just not sure for what. I'll get back to you when I think of something. In the meantime stay outside!

Perry Block said...

I think I might be in love with Anonymous!