Friday, April 2, 2010

Are we celebrity addicted?

It's baaaack! And I'm am so over it. Lo and behold Tiger Wood's sex life is back in the news. Just when I thought it was really disturbing to hear about pedophile priests there was more gossip about our lothario golfer instead. Huh? Initially, I was as riveted as the rest of the world to his cheatin' ways but enough is enough. (Btw that goes for the tattooed hubby of Sandra Bullock.) I was groggy and drinking my morning coffee when I heard on TV more than I ever wanted to know about anyone's sex life including my own. Thanks to another blabbing ex I now know every room in Tiger's house in which they had sex. Yes, including the kitchen which is still my New Year's resolution. It woke me up and grossed me out. Isn't there a war or two somewhere about which to be concerned? And I repeat,what about the pedophile priest cover-up? Our boys Tiger and Jesse pale in comparison to the magnitude of that news.

Are we celebrity addicted? The badder they are the better we like it. Bring on those lying cheating stars and "make my day." Poor Sandra. Bad Jesse. Wow sports fans Tiger isn't a great guy after all . Quick, Twitter! It was Tiger bashing day on 1010 radio yesterday afternoon ....why? In my book he's been bashed to the point of blah blah blah blah. Truthfully, I'm anxious to see the guy tee-up at Augusta next week. I'm ready to move on, but sadly the press isn't. We forgave Nixon and have turned the other cheek to Bill Clinton's dalliances so if history repeats itself, which it usually does, we will forgive Tiger.

As for the damage those priests have done, that is unforgivable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does our country get what it deserves or does it just get what it wants? No difference, I guess.

Flash, "A commet is headed for Earth and we will all be dead in about an hour. Also in the news is a story about who put his penis where and when." I put that word in so when the millions of people type words they're most interested into google your blog will come up. I've put mine in everything from coke bottles to beer cans and couldn't even get honorable mention in Street People's News. They have better taste than most of us.

We love it! The sicker it is the better. Particularly, with celebs. Think of the money that could have been generated for the poor by raffling off Frank Sonatra's penis or Dean Martin's low ball glass or even Audrey Hepburn's breasts (there goes another million).

As I checked out of Jewell yesterday there were the magazines "Sandra! First sad and now angry!" I can't bring myself to believe that someone so good looking, talented and rich is genuinely disturbed by Mr. Muscles. Love by the pound. Why doesn't she just buy another one? She could even give him the same name. No one would notice the difference.

As for sick people in the priesthood, someone should have told Pope Gregory that a job where men are deprived of women will attract men that don't care about women. But it does give us one more thing at which to look down our noses. That's not meant as a defense for them.