Monday, September 14, 2009

Relationship "Deal Breakers" or Living Alone

Let's face it boys and girls we all have relationship "deal breakers", either in the form of a laundry list or one teenie weenie idiosyncratic thing about another person that drives us craaaaazy! Oh I know it's hard to confess but let's be honest...it's true. Sadly, I probably have more deal breakers than years left. My buddy Gary recently told me how he narrows down his prospective mates. Smokers are out, out, out, even those trying to quit. Ixnay to anyone bearing cigarettes, nicotene patches, or anything that emits smoke. Ok, I can relate. He lost me on the toilet paper and paper towel criteria...whoa G. that's a toughie for some poor unsuspecting date just trying to help out around the house. Does she put the paper on the roll so it comes off the top or bottom!!? Wow, never gave that a thought. Top is the correct answer! Interesting, but he'll be alone. Although personally I like the paper to come from the bottom. Hmmmmm. Nope, my list is too long already. As for which way shirts face on the hangers...I suggest Gary seek counseling immediately.

I confess I'm a laundry list dater. Bad shoes are a big no-no in my book. My shoe scrutinizing eyes go right to some poor guys feet. I'm from the loafer/top sider days and I'm stickin' to it. Oh and absolutely no sandals; that's the worst. I don't care if it's 120 degrees outside, shoes baby shoes! Now for the nitty gritty...if you own anything that ticks, destroy it or don't call. Have an over head fan that whirs too loud and incessantly, you're out. One snore, no matter how faint and we can say good-bye at 3:00 a.m. Shhhhhhhh. And I'm tired of talkng about politics, blah, blah, blah, no political opinions welcome....gone fishing....closed for business until much further notice. I don't go on many dates.

Ok, I confessed and obviously I'll end up alone. Now send me your "deal breakers" .... I won't tell.

4 comments:

Dr. Ruth formally known as Viking Jen said...

Deal breakers.. Well right up my alley...I have a HUGE list and some things I will let go but most important I don't care about shoes, sandals, dress, pants, or anything that I can go to a store and buy for him/her... What my "UST HAVE" list is based on the experiences I've had. My list is WAY long but you know what? I know what I want and most of all I know what I DON'T Want. Here's my list.
THE DO'S:
·MUST BE HONEST (and know exactly what the word means)
·COMMUNICATION (A must)
.TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER OWN ACTIONS (a must)
·DOESN’T TAKE ME FOR GRANTED (a must)
·IS COMFORTABLE WITH HER SEXUALITY (a must must must)
.SEXUALLY A PITCHER AND CATCHER (a MUST MUST MUST)
·MUST BE REAL
·FUNNY
·LOVES MUSIC
·SEXY
·MUST BE EMPLOYED ( A must)
·OPEN MINDED ( a must)
·NOT RACIST AT ALL ( A must)
·ATTRACTIVE TO MY EYES
·NICE LIPS
·A GOOD HEART (a must)
·DOESN’T HIDE WHAT SHE FEELS
·WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY CULTURE
·WANTS TO LEARN SPANISH OR AT LEAST HAVE AN INTEREST
·MUST HAVE GOALS IN LIFE, SHORT OR LONG TERM ( a must)
·ENJOYS LIFE
·SEXUALLY ACTIVE AND OPEN TO NEW THINGS ( a must)
·OPEN TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE ( a must)
·MUST HAVE UP-TO-DATE PASSPORT
·SPONTANEOUS
·LIKES MY SPONTANALITY ( a must)
·LIKES TO GO OUT WITH ME
·LOVES WATER (no bending on this one, this is a deal breaker)
·LIKES TO PLAY IN THE WATER WITH ME
·WANTS TO LEARN TO CANOE OR KAYAK
·LOVES BOATS OR MOTORCYCLES OR GO KARTS OR ALL.
·ENJOYS THE OUTDOORS
·DOESN’T MIND CAMPING IN A TENT OR STAYING IN A 6 STAR HOTEL
·NOT AFRAID TO HOLD HANDS IN PUBLIC
·TOUCHY FEELY OR IS OPEN TO ME BEING THAT WAY
·MUST LIKE ALL KINDS OF MUSIC
·MUST LIKE TO GO KARAOKE WITH ME EVEN IF SHE DOESN’T HAVE THE BALLS TO DO IT HERSELF.
·IF SHE GETS MAD AT ME SHE CAN TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY AND SAY IT
·CAN ACCEPT THAT SHE IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT
·MUST LIKE TO HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS AND MY FRIENDS TOO
·WILL AGREE TO GO TO PARTIES OR GET TOGETHERS AND NOT CHANGE HER MIND AT LAST MINUTE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE FEELS ILL AND PUTS IT AS AN EXCUSE
·STRAIGHT UP FRONT
·LIKES O FLIRT WITH ME
·LIKES TO LEARN NEW THINGS
·LIKES ADVENTURE
·LIKES TO BE SEXY FOR ME

MAJOR S
·NO VERBAL ABUSE
·No LACK OF TIME
·NO PHYSICAL ABUSE
·NO PUTTING ME DOWN
·NO ALCOHOLICS
·NO DRUG ADDICTS
·NO TV ADDICT
·NOT SELFISH
.NO MOVIE FANATICS
·DOESN’T FALL IN LOVE IN BED
·DOESN’T CONFUSE LIKE FOR LOVE AND LOVE FOR IN LOVE
·DOESN’T WANT TO USE A TOY EVERYTIME WE HAVE SEX
·NOT BITCHY 6 HOURS OF THE DAY
·NO PLAYERS
·NO MIND GAMES
·NO HEART GAMES
·NOT POSSESIVE
·DOESN’T GET MAD BECAUSE I LOOK AT A GOOD LOOKING PERSON (MAN OR WOMAN)
·DO NOT BRING SHIT FROM 3 YEARS AGO AND THROW IT IN MY FACE
·DOESN’T HOLD ANGER FOR A LONG TIME AND ALL OF A SUDDEN OUT OF NOWHERE IT IS SLAMMED ON MY FACE
·NO CHEATERS
·NO 80% INRTOVERTS
·CLEAN BUT NOT A NEAT FREAK
·DOESN’T WANT TO MOVE A U-HAUL AFTER 3 WEEKS.

Again, they don't have to have all this requirements however the first 5 are major important and won't bend on those... SO who do you know out there for me?..

Anonymous said...

Since you asked, here's my deal breaker: Sleeping every night with the expensive blanket that was a birthday gift from his good friend's "very friendly" wife (yes, I said WIFE) AFTER we had been happily dating for over a year and after she found out that I had lent him a very warm, wool blanket. Wish I didn't miss the jerk!

Anonymous said...

Time for a man's comment. First, I agree with everything Viking Jen Jen said about sex and romance. Women that have sex because they don't want to lose their relationships are not doing their partners any favors.

As for the lesser important issues, unfortunately there are few places on the civilized parts of Earth that don't have at least a clock, a fan, a night light and a partner who breathes. That leaves sleeping with your stuffed teddy bear in a cave with earmuffs and eye covers.

Anonymous said...

I have a long list of deal breakers but lets face it - one can't be too choosy after a certain age - so I've had to really narrow my list. I don't mind sandals on a man but.... if the feet are ugly and the toes are screaming for a nail clippers - I don't care if they're covered up all day once night time falls and the shoes and socks come off - I take one look, scoop up my things and I'm out of there. Nothing worse than scary looking feet.