Friday, August 12, 2011

I Look Better in Dim Lighting

I just read an article that assured me I'll never be too old to look young. Plastic surgery is on the rise for septuagenarians, octogenarians and even nonagenarians. If you know what "nonagenarian" means without using "dictionary.com" I'll send you a gift bag. This is good news for my Mom, who actually is a nonagenarian. She is always looking in the mirror and shocked by her wrinkles. "Wow Mom, If I live to be your age I'll be shocked I still have a reflection." The good news for Mom is it's not too late for her to look 88 again. 84,685 surgical procedures were done on patients over 65 in just one calendar year.  Yep, it's true no one wants to age gracefully and cheaply. With folks living longer and remaining healthier they want their bodies in alignment with their mentality. Truthfully, I'm not sure any surgeon could make me look 18.

Are you tired of your slackened jowls, flabby underarms, droopy eyelids, turkey neck, perkless breasts, or mile wide thighs? Well don't despair, it's not too late no matter what your age to just say "no" to your body. I did read however, that older patients may take longer to heal and the results of plastic surgery may not last as long as in younger patients - but what the hell right? Isn't it worth your 401k to look 20 years younger for a month or two? I don't know about you but I'm sick of living in dim lighting. I want to uncover the mirrors and stop asking the maitre d' for the table in the corner.

Thankfully this news gives me years to decide what to do with my face. Should I take the plunge and hopefully look like I'm in my late forties again or wait another 15 years and ironically be thrilled to look exactly how I look now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to spend my entire plastic surgery fund at Home Depot, purchasing 20 years worth of Halogen bulbs for lighting the art(it needs to look good to sell) and 30 years worth of GE Extra Soft White incandescent bulbs (which I need to look good). Wait until you see yourself in CFL lighting. We will have to permanently turn out all the lights.

Anonymous said...

CFL lighting should be banned. Besides...the bulbs become toxic waste. Who's idea was this anyway. Gail...your last line cracked me up, because I remember looking a a recent photo of me 20 years ago and thinking I looked old, now I wish I looked that good.